Saturday, April 11, 2020

Salvation's Mysteries


As I reflect on God’s unspeakable gift of eternal life through the death and resurrection of His Son, I am utterly undone by His love. My mind cannot begin to comprehend what He has done, or how or why. The paradox is not only in the cross, but in all aspects of His awesome salvation plan

These thoughts inspired the poem below, which is a repost from April 2013. May all of you have a blessed Resurrection Sunday reflecting on the mysteries of His amazing grace! Praise God that Christ is risen indeed! Trust in Him and live forever!

Hebrews 12:2; John 13:12-17; Revelation 20:4; 17:14; 19:16; Colossians 1:12-22; 1 Corinthians 15; 1:27; John 10:17; 1:3; 3:3-8, 16; 16:28;  1 John 3:16; Isaiah 53; 1:18; 55:9; Romans 5-6; 12:2;  2 Corinthians 5:19-20; 1 Peter 5:5-6; Matthew 19:30; 20:16; 18:3-4; Luke 9:24; 17:33; Ephesians 2:5-9


 





Salvation’s Mysteries

Jesus Christ was born to die
Endured the cross to feel the joy
Of saving sinners who were lost. 
Jesus served so we could reign
Laid down His life to rise again.

Maker of all, the King of Kings
A lowly worm crushed by our sins. 
The cruel thorns, the ugly scars
Reveal the beauty of His heart.

His blood-soaked cross made peace with God
His holiness removed our sins --
Washed white as snow in His shed blood
Reconciled our souls to Him.

He loved us despite our hate
He forgave while we rebelled
The Lord bowed down to take our shame
He gave all for our great gain.

His ways are not our ways.
His thoughts are not our thoughts.
If cast down, He will raise us up.
If we are last, we will be first.

We die to sin to be reborn
We lose our life to save our soul
We leave the world to live in Him
He died and rose so we can live.

Foolish things confound the wise
You can’t earn your way to Paradise.
Let Truth win out – think like a child.
Turn to Him – forsake your pride.

Trust in Him with childlike faith
Accept His precious gift of grace.
That moment seals your destiny.
You’ll live with Him eternally.

© 2013 Laurie Collett

children's ministry blogs
Womanhood With Purpose

10 comments:

Frank E. Blasi said...

Dear Laurie,

It looks like you have a new comment submission system in place. I hope it works well for you.
An excellent poem, appropriate on the one day of the year when we celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Wishing you a happy Easter and may God bless both you and your husband.

Keith said...

Happy Resurrection Day!, Laurie!! The Messiah Lives!!!

Laurie Collett said...

Dear Frank,

I prefer the embedded comment system I had before, but it was not allowing me to comment on my own blog! This popup system allows me to comment, but not to reply directly to a comment. Sadly, neither system is allowing me to comment on your blog -- I've been into Blogger settings and help, to no avail. I tried to post "testing" on your site today -- if you could see it, please let me know and I'll post a real comment on your site about your excellent post.
Thank you for your encouraging comment. Happy Resurrection Day to you and Alex. God bless,
Laurie

Laurie Collett said...

Dear Keith,
Happy Resurrection Day to you too! He is risen indeed!
Laurie

Marvet said...

Hi Laurie
I came across your blog by chance. I used blogspot.com too, and although I know people are reading my blogs, I cannot see any comments. In relation to the communication with Frank, is there a new system. I wonder if I am missing something?
It's always helpful and useful to get some kind of feedback, it lets you know you are reaching the right audience.
I also like the set up of your page, and Hallelujah for our risen Christ.

marvetsavedbygrace.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
nice poem, and I don't think anyone could comprehend what our Lord did for us on that cross.
Where you say to Frank that your comments aren't showing up there, mine are not either.

Laurie Collett said...

Dear Marvet,
Thank you so much for your thoughtful comment. I enjoyed your blog and tried to leave this comment on your Apr. 13 post: "Thank you for this thought-provoking post. It would have been more appropriate for policy makers to define what we are doing as physical distancing. The intent was not to cut off social contact but physical risk, yet I agree that fear has led to social distancing as well. When I was saved it felt as though our Lord was wrapping me in His strong embrace, and that is a feeling I try to recapture whenever I am afraid or lonely."

Something certainly has changed in Blogger, or possibly in Google, and not for the better, as it seems many of us are having difficulty leaving comments on one another's blogs. It appears that Satan is working overtime, as would be expected in the End Times. Please let me know if you find a solution, and I will do the same.

Hallelujah indeed for our risen Christ! God bless you,
Laurie

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Brenda,
Thank you for your encouraging comment. I am able to leave comments on your blog, but was unable to do so on Frank's and Marvet's blogs. As I said to Marvet, something certainly has changed in Blogger, or possibly in Google, and not for the better, as it seems many of us are having difficulty leaving comments on one another's blogs. It appears that Satan is working overtime, as would be expected in the End Times. Please let me know if you find a solution, and I will do the same.
God bless,
Laurie

Giraf said...

This is awesome

Laurie Collett said...

Thank you, Giraf, for your visit and comment! Happy New Year and God bless!
Laurie